View Single Post
Old 2009-06-24, 15:13   Link #222
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I knew I'd forgotten to do something as I was catching up on all of my subs last night. Good thing I remembered before work because I was actually getting kind of bored. Also a good thing that while this episode contained the typical summer activities you might find in an Japanese anime and the typical SOS brigade style of interactions as well, somehow them going together made for a pretty fun summer episode. Couldn't really ask for much better timing then this as well. The music continues to be solid and if there was only one thing that bothered me this episode it was Aya Hirano's Yuko Minaguchi light delivery for Haruhi during the first half. So glad they deintensified her during the wind down portion of the summer break because oh my god that was just non stop nasal blabbering, even if it was probably supposed to be deliberate.

Well if anything good came of Haruhi this episode is was the fact that because it was typical summer time activities it actually meant something for this particular anime, that being that Haruhi is slowly starting to normalize in her behaviour a bit, and we even sort of see this over the course of the episode as well since as I mentioned she starts off insufferable and ends up tolerable by the end. Other than that Mikuru and Yuki do their usual things (get scared of everything and be a living statue respectively), Kyon does his Wonder Years bit and Itsuki is a chill dude, but 'twas fun to watch them anyway.

Always wished they could have brought the lil' sis along with this story because it's a missed opportunity for loli fanservice at the pool, but oh well, you can't have it all I suppose. Change is on the horizon regardless, for better and worse.