View Single Post
Old 2009-07-22, 10:19   Link #74
marvelB

Also, I forgot to mention that another reason why I love the design of the captain with the banana-shaped head and crazy mustache is because he reminds me of those old-school cartoon villains like Snidely Whiplash and Dick Dastardly. I guess a more recent example of that look would be Waluigi. By the way, I mentioned Wanze in my last post.... one of those guys kinda looks like him, as well. Heh, considering how freaky most of these guys look, I'd expect at least one of them to be an Awakened Zoan.

Still, too bad that so many people have already dismissed these guys as fodder just because they're ugly. These guys ain't no young Supernova rookies..... they're New World veterans. IMO, it's to be expected that they wouldn't be a bunch of generic bishies. Those wacky, outlandish designs are one of the main reasons why I love this series in the first place! I can't wait to see these guys in action....

As for the rest of the pics, it's actually pretty nice to see a younger Garp. I also find it prety amusing that the more we see of Roger in flashbacks, the better view we get of his face. It also looks like we get to see Rouge's face, as well (I'm guessing this means that Garp was the one who helped hide her from the rest of the marines?).

Oh, and it's too bad that we haven't got any pics of the rest of Whitebeard's commanders. I really want to check those guys out, too. I still sorta have a feeling that one of those hot nurses may be a commander.....