View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 16:14   Link #233
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Apparently aigomorla has not been reading the summaries posted in this thread.
Yeah i need to go back to them...

But so far from what ive read, history events happen.. but the way its played out, and the conclusions are not the ones history has recorded.

If you really want to get nick picky about it...
Then according to Tempist fugit... a rule in time.... it says once time is recorded it will always force itself to play out even with interference.
Bascially time already recorded the event of YOU coming back in time and altering it, so in reality you didnt alter anything, but kept the real flow of time.. Tempist Fugit is not shown as the MC has no recollection of any of the events he is solving minus the event itself.

Grandfather paradox states if u kill your grandfather or any connecting person which leads to your birth, you can not do that.
Ie.. because u never existed you could never change it... ie.. the paradox.
Obviously he is monkeying with time... he changed a lot of events... yet he isnt pulling a back to the future disappearing act...

Final Theory.. the multipul universe theory, which states every action and any action you make is a branching point in which another YOU in another universe has made all possible choices and each choice is a branch of a new universe.

The last theory wipes both tempist fugit, and the grandfather paradox...
Which makes it the most plausable because Oda is a female.. which is allowed, and the MC is free to do anything he wants.. again allowed.
And the author is allowed to solve every problem whichever way he pleases, because he's not bounded by the rules of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
I don't think it'll be exact historical references, but what's good about this series is that even when they change up the events, there's real value in having done the research, certain aspects can only be appreciated if you know the actual event or the backstory of the vent well. This series doesn't baby you like a toddler and I appreciate that.

On a completely separate note, I heard that Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was actually pretty good...
Again.. as i said.. its not like the "romance of the three kingdom" type story, where they heavily focus on the events and the way history / lore has told them.

This is why i said the events will be there, however the way its suposed to be played and written wont.
Which leads the story being comically driven, more so then drama driven.

Hence why i like this series...

and LOL @ Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter... might as well make a sequal where hellsing is a blood donation collector looking for vampires though modern technology.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote