Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-17, 16:34   Link #30
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Actually I DON'T have enough money to play world of warcraft every month!

So you just owned yourself there.

And no, I'm not saying it's wrong to enjoy your money, I'm saying it's wrong that athletes get paid that much while more needed professions are paid so little! So when an athlete goes and gets himself killed, I think it's sort of karmic justice for them having to work a quarter of what most people work (at least timewise) while making 30x as much.

LOL, Needed Professionals are paid so little????????????????????????????? How much do you know about who is paid little and who is not??? What defines a salary of someone is the Annual income of the company divided by the amount of employee this company has and adding as a factor his professional background and role on his Company:

A Company like A national Bank that has around 4,000 Employees cant afford paying to every employee it has 1,000,000 Dollars annually, because such Company wont had an income vs Expensive that big to cover for that. With your line of reasoning, I can say that Is unfair that a Managers get paid 400,000 USD while his secretary that works his Butt off, only gets paid 50,000.00 usd.

Back to the atletes, the team pays them a lot of money because People pay a good amount of money to get nice seats to go and see Big Names players play like A-rod, Reason why The team pay A-rod a lot of money to begin with, so their stadium gets filled with people.

If You going to blame somebody on why the players are paid so “much”, blame the spectator that Paid so much to see a Baseball Game, a team that has an stadium capacity of 50,000 people and the less expensive ticket is around 30 bucks while they do a sell out in 81 Games. is expected to have enough money to pay a lot for its players.

The Yankees has the money to pay a lot of money for big names, not so with teams like The Royals, the Royals don’t pay a lot of money to its player, go see how the Royal stadium is when they on the Regular Season, Empty, guess if they Royals reached the Playoff? Guess if the Royals Year Incomes comes remotely close to the Yankees, so, why is that? Because The people at Kansas don’t like Baseball? Or Because The People at Kansas wont pay money to see a bunch of No name loosing a Game??

The other needed profession paid so little, Why? Because the income vs expenses of the Company they work in are Not as Big as a MLB team, period, and not because The teams that pay for this players have a tree of money so they can pay whatever amount the athletes demands. In the world of Salaries everything is relative to the Company you work in, The Athletes had the good faith that this profession pays a lot of Money.

Your analogy is like saying that is Karmic Justice that a Normal people with normal Income gets Killed by a Shark while enjoying the Hobbies he likes best, Surfing. because he did not had a ot of money to afford a more expesinve Hobbie.... Sorry, but the only thing you have is jealously because you don’t have what this athletes have.

BTW, They pay way more taxes than your average employee…so they give back more to the comunnity in every sense of the word.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-10-17 at 17:01.