View Single Post
Old 2011-05-24, 13:43   Link #101
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I share the sentiment that this episode was too short! I was on the edge of my seat when Ohana opened the door of the wedding hall and suddenly it was over.
However I have to subtract one point for the illogical decision of sending Ohana to fetch Tooru. They should have tried calling the place. Failing that, it would have been much faster to have Jiroumaru drive her to the hall with the inn's truck (if you don't trust Jiro to persuade Tooru to get back). They would've been short of two employees but what does Jiro do anyway?
Alternatively, Ohana could have taken Minko's place in the kitchen, since she is capable of cooking, while Minko rushed to Tooru. There were many better options to solve the situation but the writer choose to send Ohana for the sake of drama. Still a very nice episode, 9/10.
I do agree about what else could've been done better. I didn't think abotu Jiro driving her to see Tooru, but I seriously thought that Ohana would take his place in the kitchen. Tho I doubt that Minko would've appreciated that either because that meant Ohana was gonna show she was the better cook compared to the one who had every intention of becoming an actual chef. Still, she got mad at how Ohana went after Tooru anyways

All in all, however, this was another fantastic ep that showed just how far Ohana would go for the sake of the inn. It really looks like working for the sake of something and with other people really helped her grow into who she is. She's certainly a far cry from who she was at the beginning of the series. The fact she's racing on her own to find help means that she's admitting that she can't do everything on her own, a stark contrast with how she was before. On top of that, she's seeking Tooru's help, the same guy who questioned her about her ability to be able to do everything herself before. Really wanted to see what was gonna happen as she opened the door to the hall, but we'll see again next week