View Single Post
Old 2007-12-25, 02:38   Link #63
Edge
(*^ヮ')b

Quote:
ADTRW was one of the first groups to adopt Matroska softsubs. We braved much resistance in 2004, but by 2005 Matroska had caught on and today many new groups have been formed by people willing to drop their egotism. Some groups even release the subtitle file only, allowing anyone to make their own encode.
Not to say that you've stated your group was first to jump on the Matroska boat or anything, but I thought I'd mention this nevertheless. To my knowledge, Shounen-Ai (which later became Shoujo-Ai after mircx went kaboom), were the first group to release in the Matroska format, albeit with hardsubs back in 2003. Perhaps not significant enough to add to your essay, but it was one of the first signs (to my knowledge, correct me if wrong, someone) of the lack of enthusiasm in adopting a new container in the fansub world. S-Ai's releases of YamiBou mostly went unnoticed, with people favouring Miyuki-Fansubs' orthodox XviD/avi approach.

OrochiTux recently mentioned to yours truly about the possibility of re-releasing the series with a DVD source, but since Shinsen churned out the whole series backed with a shiny DVD source not so long ago, your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not it'll go ahead.

Anyhow, apologies for the digression.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote