Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-28, 14:42   Link #47
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If you ask me, this is more modernization than anything else. The original look is very much a sign of the times, and that sort of look has fallen out of favour in recent years. The new look is much more contemporary and modern. So I don't find it all that surprising that they've changed the look given that the anime is being released 10+ years after the game.
Even if the designs are out of place, I find it a pity that they didn't capture the spirit of Yayoi's original character design very well. Her "subtle sexiness" is missing entirely from her new incarnation.

I recently took a gander at the new designs for the remake of the game and I can't say I like Kawata Hisashi's new designs for Morikawa Yuki and Rina Ogata. Now they look too much like Sasara from To Heart 2. Do you think you could tell me who drew the originals?

And did you play the game yourself? I seem to remember the protagonist being one of the most hated amongst the eroge fandom (on Wikipedia, no less), 3rd to the protagonists of KimiNozo and School Days--is that because choosing anyone other than Morikawa Yuki in the game will result in a bad ending or something?

As for localizing this game in English, I played Yume Miru Kusuri recently, and I could believe that Aeka and Nekoko were that wiry despite being "over 18," because they were malnourished. I doubt I could ever believe Mizuki Mana being 18 or over (do you know what excuse the writers gave him to get her ending in the original eroge?).
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote