View Single Post
Old 2006-09-12, 14:11   Link #8
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
You know, I saw the screenshots and was like, "Crap. Same old crappy graphics, with little to no improvement." But, curious, I checked out a video on YouTube.com and was very pleasantly surprised. There's a lot of 3D touches you simply do not see in the still frames. The entire world map appears to be done in 3D, and it looks gorgeous.

Plus they'e added an evolution for my favourite, previously non-evolving, Pokemon, Sneasel. I still think Sneasel should evolve into Cefca, though.
Same, actually. I think I just saw a few of the screenshots where it was less obvious though, then you start to see the ones where the view tilt (because it's not entirely from above anymore) and it becomes more obvious... and some of the battle effects are waay fancier. Not as good as it could be, but to be honest I'd prefer them not to go into full 3D (like the GC stadium/colosseum games) or anything anyway. It just wouldn't feel the same. There's just something about going out, getting your first starter and wandering around the world trying to get the ones you want and playing round with all the extra stuff that's been added. At least now the touch screen's being used I can stop the compulsive 'up and A' thing I've been doing when catching pokemon ever since hearing it increased your catching chances around red and blue (for the record I'm pretty sure it doesn't really, it's just a compulsive thing now).

Pretty sure I'll go water this time (went Squirtle in RB, Cyndaquil in GS, and Mudkip in RS) cus I've always liked penguins, but if the evolution pics come out and Naetoru's look cooler than Pochama's I may change my mind. Not much chance of me choosing Hikozaru though, fire monkies just do nothing for me.

And fail at posting in a topic just to point out a typo. Geez...
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote