View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 18:33   Link #3308
Flere821
Lurker

Thumbs down

... Kleeyook, it seems you have a LOT of misconceptions here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
How about we set the time flow in Underworld to 100x slower than us and never bring any of those guys to the real world? The flow rate would be too slow that almost nothing happen and we don't have to be paranoid about how advanced they have become or they go skynet on us
Not gonna happen, if only for the fact by the end of Alicization UW was locked down but not placed into stasis. They had around 500 years or so of progress after SK!Kirito left, they're roughly modern-day earth setting now complete with space flight (augmented by Incarnation ability, yes, but they had rocket fuel down pat). With your attitude I can't blame UW if they do end up going Skynet on us, faced with a 'them or us' situation >.> (though granted your views at at least marginally more humane than the SAOverse people's solution, some had wanted to just delete UW entirely).
Quote:
I believe I said something about how AI can make backups and copies of themselves (especially in SAO where the fictional tech enable such thing) while human can't. Humans can't. Cloning and transferring memory to the clone can't be done that easy. Clones already have their own life and souls which make transferring our memory to them like killing them. But Flunclight can be backed up and directly transfer to another machine, heck they don't even have human body.
Did you not read my previous spoiler? In SAOverse setting Human souls can be copied anyway, just like Fluctlights. This is apparent with LN available material as well, with babies' souls being copied and used as base for the earliest Fluctlights. Then there's also Kirito's mind being copied, unless you want to argue Kirito does not have a human soul >.>
Quote:
Yeah, Underworld isn't much different from the peaceful country that most labour and middle class people have to work like slaves, fearing about losing jobs, enduring insults from their superior. But at least horrible things like murder rarely happen there. Although the authority of the nobles are just too high and forcing sex on lower class women is common there. But there's no war or natural catastrophes there.
... Do remember, Rath had instigated natural disasters within UW many times to see if the Fluctlights there will choose survival over following the rules. Additionally, there was also stuff like plague and famine. War on the other hand, Rath had built the entire UW to eventually end in War, with the collapse of the Walls separating Human Kingdom and Dark Territory. I think you're idolizing the UW situation a tad too much, that's only a good place on a casual glance, while really it's just a petri dish that's doomed to disaster if left unchecked.
Quote:
Let's just say that they should be viewed as human beings in their own world since they can experience things close to humans, but in real world, I'd feel like an idiot trying to give something like food to an AI when they clearly don't need. And digital assets like the weapons and equipments and even food in game hold no value in real world because they aren't the real thing, hence impossible to really treat them as the same as us.
What measure is a non-human, or rather, a person? By only being different to a extent, it is alright for any given group to deny the other the respect or right to exist? I won't bring specific Real Life examples into this, this is just a fictional series after all. Having said that, I think this is a slippery slope; so someone physically different than the numerically dominant group yet mentally equal shall be suppressed? Where do, or should, we draw this line of being alright to abuse the different ones?

Humans in SAOverse had created life in a sense, IMO they should take responsibility for it. Just erasing them because it's inconvenient or because they're no longer wanted is as petty as a kid wanting a pet, changed his mind after a week taking care of it, and decided to just kill said pet in a tantrum as it's too much hassle to continue taking care of it.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote