View Single Post
Old 2007-11-21, 00:40   Link #104
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Its easier to derieve background information if a realistic scenario is kept in mind while analysing some scenes in M; Y. Myself; Yourself is probably the most cliched anime this season.
Cliche? Maybe, but it nice to finally see a male lead who actually has some brain. Unfortunately for him his circumstances dont always leave him in the best position

Quote:
Even though really I want to sympathise with Syuri because of her situation, I find myself sympathising with Syuri's dad and her mom (Sayuka). First of all her dad did not marry Sayuka because he loved her (Sayuka). If he married her because he loved her then he would have reflexively slapped Syuri when she said "Don't call this women you use only for sex, my mother". He gave her a warning instead even though she had more than crossed the line. He loves Syuri very much but I don't think same thing can be said for Sayuka. Also note that Sayuka didn't react when Syuri made those accusations. In real life anyone with dignity would have reacted to those very offensive statements especially if they were coming from 16 year old child.

Why did he marry Sayuka ? Were Syuri's accusations true? Probably not, if her real mom had passed away when Syuri was young then he may have married because he loved his childrens. Working parents get very limited time with their kids and politicians get even less time. Syuri's father may have married Sayuka because he needed someone to raise his kids, someone to replace his ex-wife and give his kids better life than Hinako (perfect example of kid raised by working parents who don't get time to be with her). Though Sayuka's decision to marry him is doubtable.

Syuri is probably living under the misconception that her dad want to forget her real mom and married Sayuka to replace her mom. Her dad wants his children to be happy and forget about things that would cause them pain.

Basically its one of those second marriages in which children aren't able to understand parents & their feelings and parents aren't able to understand their children (even though children welfare was kept in mind while marrying). He could have introduced her to his children before marriage and given some time for their relationship (Sayuka and his kids) to progress before actually marrying her but he didn't, did he?

But then I am probably wrong
I actually have to disagree with you here, and this is my opinion only, but i really can't sympathize with Shuri's dad. He must know how important that place is and he doesn't even seem to care how much this is actually affecting her. And of course she would never see the second wife as a mother, thats just the way children are and they have a hard time excepting it. I have a friend who would never call his step-father his dad, but he shows respect to him. I do sympathize with the mother though, I mean thats quite an accusation and shes staying quite. either because she knows it's true (which she probably whoulda end up smacking her) or she knows shes not ready yet and is trying to give her space which seems much more likely. of course Shuri doesn't seem to want to open up or move of, but the father could show a little more support, right?

P.S. poor poe :'(
P.S. Ya, im late watching the ep, but i have perticular order i dont like breaking but i cant wait.