View Single Post
Old 2004-03-08, 18:11   Link #117
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
Kuru's posting of images was pretty effective; easier to get interest drawn into a series from the artwork than just titles.

I looked up Kakyuusei, and it's licensed by SoftCel Pictures: AnimeNFO Information. I had a bit of interest in this since if I remember correctly I have the H-game CG rips from this game. Or perhaps it's just that the game and anime share the same name but are unrelated; who knows ;P
The Kakyuusei I've mentioned and the one licensed by Sofcel are completely different anime series. The one licensed by Softcel (and already partially released in the USA for many years now, as First Loves) is know only as Kakyuusei. It has only 4 episodes, not 13 like the animenfo says (it's amazing the amount of errors that site has).

After that Kakyuusei, Pink Pinapple released new, completely different, Kakyuusei , known as Kakyuusei élf version. It's indeed based on the game released by élf (see the origin of the "élf version" ?).

After that, a TV series was released, featuring the characteres from the élf version OVAs.

Anyway, No Name Losers
is already working on Kakyuusei élf version OVAs according to their page. But the Kakyuusei TV series still needs a fansubber.

Kakyyusei (original - known in english as "First Loves"; only first 2 episodes were released):

Not a good image, but show the covers of the OVAs Softcel didn't release in the USA:

Kakyuusei élf version OVAs:

Kakyuusei TV:

Last edited by kuru; 2004-03-08 at 18:26.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote