View Single Post
Old 2009-12-08, 15:03   Link #120
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Way to avoit everything I just said and quote onyl one word^^
You haven't said anything new except that's she's stupid.

Quote:
No you said something random that doesn't make sense and never said anything about the explanation I gave you.
I did not say something random that doesn't make sense. You compared it to being drugs. I said it's not, it's unique. You said that being unique makes it potentially more dangerous than if it were drugs. Nothing in this situation would make someone think that being its own substance creates an inherent danger, especially one greater than drugs. I have covered your explanations. You stopped arguing to posts ago and have just been saying I'm too dumb to get your point or I'm spouting nonsense.

Quote:
Hmm I gave it as an example how by definition ignorance doen't mean your actions were right. After that the dabate about what a reasonable person would expect started and I said that using criminal negligence is going a bit far .I don't believe that's actually defending it but oh well.
I still think it's going too far but I'll gvie an example either way:
Action: taking LU . Result: any kind of harm to the body or mind caused by it (in this case coma). Normal person (who like Saten knew that the LU tampers with the person's brain in an uknown way and it's creator is also unknown) expecting it : A coma no, potential health problems: yes.
Sigh, if you aren't defended that it's criminal negligence, why are you still arguing this point? Ignorance does indeed not mean your actions are right. If you are ignorant of a law and break it, you are still breaking it. In this case, Saten did not break any laws. However, from her actions, she and her friends have gone into comas. I think there is nothing that would make a person think that a coma could result from using level uppers. You think there is. There's nothing further to argue on this point.

Quote:
Ahaa so you still don't see the tampering with your brain part having a potentionally dangerous side effect?
The question was and still is will a reasonable person use it considering the possibly dangeous side effects.
What question? We were talking about criminal negligence and that's NOT what that means. I also like how you add dangerous every time you use the word side effects.

Quote:
Well I said I wasn't trying to portray her as a monster or even anything close nor did anyone else from the things I've read thus you're just seing it this way.
For the love of god, you say she deserves to be in a coma! How can you say that a girl Saten's age deserves that from what she did? Obviously she must be horrible to deserve that fate. You have called her stupid, ignorant, inconsiderate, dangerous, deserves no sympathy, and deserves to be in a coma. You can paint a picture without naming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem
I posted because people, including yourself, were portraying Saten in a horrific light. That was my main issue, and still is my main issue. I have never said that I would have done what Saten did. Or that I don't think it was a mistake. But I do think that many people, especially children, would do it. I don't think it's necessary to vilify her.
In this train of thoughts I can say you're justifying her actions and saying everything she did is perfectly ok and in general when a person does something wrong because he didn't really think about the dangers of what he's doing he did the right thing and it's ok. That of course would be wrong since you said you didn't justify her actions.
Does not compute. In fact, you're saying I'm saying the opposite of what I am saying. I do think Saten made a mistake. I don't think it was a good idea. I still don't really know what these obvious "dangers" you think she is ignoring, because you haven't shown any. But I do think that she's a young girl. We don't judge children as adults. She did not do something outrageous, she did something that is a very normal outcome for a young person in her situation. Her actions are understandable and sympathy is a natural reaction to a person in her current plight.

Quote:
I never said that. I meant that since it's an anime I'll be ok with more extreme consequences for doing the wrong thing instead of thinking it through.
No, you said "she is a fictional character and I don't like to see fictional characters which in a sense promote acting like an idiot adn saying it's ok." How do those mean the same thing?
Quote:
From your last point it seems to me that anything done by a teenage girl with crushed dreams that doesn't consider what might happen even if it's obviously potentially very dangerous and will hurt the people around her is a person we should sypathize with.
No. It is not "obviously potentially dangerous and will hurt the people around her." If it were, she wouldn't have used it. Come on! Hearing something has side effects does not imply that! You make it sound like to gain powers, she deliberately set off a bomb while her friends are standing around it or something ridiculous to that extent.