View Single Post
Old 2011-01-02, 20:23   Link #21152
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm personally curious what are the current theories about Yasu's motive then.
For one, I basically only saw one which is basically similar to what I thought: Yasu just couldn't do anything about her love being simply split in 3 ways.
Therefore, she left everything to the roulette, although she never planned killing anyone, she probably expected an incident would occur considering the gold etc.
My take on Yasu's motive, having read the first 4 episodes several times is that it's hope or hopelessness. Which I would argue is a STRONG emotional motive if handled correctly. It has it's flaws in making the character look "stupid", or "indecisive" when she's actually intelligent, and is just thinking too hard and eliminating better choices. She's not having a hard time choosing she's making it so she can't chose the better choices.

Dreamers are interesting people. When something bad happens they let it stew. And never talking about their emotional problems those emotions build up over time. The other problem is that this particular dreamer contradicts herself so that she limits her options exponentially. Because she's contradicted every option she has she tries to settle for something lesser to keep her dreams somehow intact. (Love Trial) Than something unexpected happens (Battler returns) and all those pent up emotions turn into a bomb and explode.

Yasu is a school shooting type of killer. That's what I think we're meant to beleive with that answer. Especially considering she's mentally 16.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote