View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 17:31   Link #2301
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I don’t like Miura because, to me, she isn’t that big of a deal. She came out of nowhere, her only quality is that she hangout with the Yagamis for some reason and she has the same personality as Einhart but without the “cool” side of hers: strong and yet timid and insecure girl, ring any bells? And yet she beat Vivio, the main character and when you use the main character to make side/secondary characters shine, you are not going in to my good side.
I'm sorry... Miura having the same personality as Einhart? That's not even remotely close. Strong yet timid and insecure is the only thing they have in common. Miura is fare more eccentric whereas Einhart keeps her cool to the point of facade, more outspoken whereas Einhart chooses her words carefully, more prone to nervous outbursts while Einhart calmly reacts to situations, more impulsive where Einhart observes and analyses, happy contrary to Einhart's passiveness, an open book opposed to Einhart's masks, the list of differences goes on and on.

And Vivio getting beaten seems to be a trend in this manga. Einhart also beat her. Thrice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
ViVid is just so boring, has nothing going on for the tons of fight scenes and so far any character is even memorable beyond its power or design. I feel that way. Yes, Nanoha could be a little like Miura but where Nanoha show us how cool she was and stand up all on her own to face Fate and the Jewel Seed incident, with the TSAB coming in later, Miura needs the Yagami to make her backstory make sense. If you think about all she has is that the Yagami think she is something, and that is it. So no, I don’t like her one bit. And I just say it.
And Nanoha needs Yuuno to have her backstory make sense. Honestly, that particular point is just grasping at straws. Miura is the Yagami's students in the same way that team Nakajima is Nove's student. That doesn't make bad character design in any way.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote