View Single Post
Old 2009-09-07, 16:43   Link #2078
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
I always saw the part where she is "talkiing" to lelouche/herself as she is just talking to him in his world,like she did with Marianne and V.V. Not as proof that he is alive. He did it to atone for his sins. I hated that ending,if everyone else has to keep on living with thier hands drenched in sin and blood,so should he. LuLu shouldn't have to take the easy route and just die.
In the Code Geass: Zero Requiem Edition, Lelouch came to the decision to unite the world against him because he wanted Rolo and Shirley's death to have some sort of meaning. However, I would have thought that Nunnally's death might have drove him over the cliff becuase Lelouch believed that his sister had died. By the time he realized that she was alive, it was too late to turn back.

Come to think of it, how many of us would still be talking about Code Geass if Lelouch had gotten the type of ending that we had wanted to see, one year later? Most of us would not be debating about the series as much as we are now.

I believe that the creators wanted to create the type of ending that would cause the fans to write letters to Sunrise demanding them to continue making more Code Geass stories and merchandise. Thus, this might be the reason why Code Geass has held up quite well, one year after the anime ended. This is why I am confident that Sunrise will give Taniguchi and Okouchi the option to do another Code Geass project in the near future. I believe that the creators desire to return Code Geass to the original format that was aimed at the more mature, late night audience, which they had wanted for Season 2.

Although I would not mind the idea of Taniguchi and Okouchi jointly working on an original Code Geass manga storyline, with CLAMP doing the illustrations.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote