View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 06:38   Link #207
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Instead it should be made absolutely clear, that the measures that would be needed to ban all piracy are unacceptable. Yes, they may suffer from piracy, but our basic rights are worth more than their profits.
I think this is all it is about ---> profits. And its not that those folks are not making any profits at all, the entertainment industry is still making so much money, it will make your eye balls spin. How do you think they can afford to pay millions to certain actors, if the movie wont earn that money??? So this is not about losses that could endanger the industry as they are trying to make us believe. This is about they profits not being large enough to satisfy their greediness.

I think instead of whining about it and clinging to good old times, where consumers had no other choice but to buy cinema tickets and CDs, they should adapt to changed conditions and think of new ways of distributing their products, while maximalising their profits that way at the same time. Thats life deer hollywood and music industry. Maybe the entertainment used to be a gold mine not so long time ago, but things dont stay the same way forer. Accept it and move on for gods sake!!!

PS: just a thought thrown into the discussion? Do you think, that the rate of piracy is getting worse? As in.... every year people are pirating more and the industry profits sinking? I mean, I have no figures on this, so I cant say for sure, but I think the piracy ratio must have stabalised by now and is not getting worse. Those who want to pirate do that already and those who are too scared or lack the knowledge dont. I fail to see the reason for emergency actions such as ACTA or SOPA.

Oh and on a side note, it is sad that America failed to push its anti piracy law through, whereas EU very likely will "succeed". Damn it!!!
warita is offline   Reply With Quote