View Single Post
Old 2004-06-05, 14:48   Link #47
Rias

I've ordered from dvdpacific once, the limited ed. box for GA. It was cheaper than amazon.ca. However when it came the box was ripped in half, and I found out that they didn't use ANY protection beside the cardboard box at all (they could at least put some more paper to wrap around or something)

good thing was they were willing to replace and credit me back on the shipping, but it took another month before they shipped it back...but then another problem arised...

it got opened by canadian customs, and they taxed me on it...(I've bought alot of stuff across the border before thru ebay but I was never taxed before...)

I used to think that if something is low valued (I remember reading somewhere that if it's like under 39 dollars) it's tax free, but appearantly that doesn't hold anymore. So I ended up had to pay 4 dollars more and 5 dolloars for handling fee (4 is ok, but why am I getting charged for handling fee...I never asked customs to open it )

so as conclusion, I wuld say dvdpacific is not bad, the fact that they were pretty fast on the respond, yet shipping back and forth and the tariff part is of course a let down...I'm considering amazon.ca from now on first, thanks to the tariffs
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote