View Single Post
Old 2009-04-26, 09:37   Link #48
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Someone mentioned a Tiger pwning everything in a video game and then someone else mentioned how that was unrealistic then you brought up Wittman. Your right he does have nothing to do with it, so why did you bring him up?
Ran a raid for 15 minutes, ended with 30 military hardware pieces destroyed. Sounds like a particular CoH mission?

But, your utterly demeaning statement of Wittmann learning life is not a video game that got my nerves. What does his exploits have to do with learning life is not a video game? Please tell me? Sorry kid, he will never need you to tell him that life is not a video game. He knows it way better than you will ever do.

Quote:
Which I pointed out might not be the case, autoloaders of large caliber able to fire shells at that rate are possible, that was my point. It seems to have totally evaded you though that I was simply correcting a statement you made which was false: that even autoloaders could not produce that speed.
Then you tell me which gun comparable to the Edelweiss' caliber today can fire two rounds in a span of 0.5 seconds? With or without an autoloader? Right, I didn't think so.

Quote:
I said nothing about the scene featured in the show or it's feasibility so it's acutally your reply which is useless since you're talking about shit I never even brought up.
Then why bother replying at all? We were discussing the scene specifically, we were discussing this show specifically in relation to possible comparisons, if you are here to bring up facts (like naval weapons) of the day, do somewhere else where people care.

Quote:
No, but it has a finalized design seen in the anime and game which we can make comparisons with. The E-50 on the other hand never assumed a finalized form we can use as a basis for comparison.
Yeah, and Edelweiss is so real that we can really compare the two beyond paper. Right.

Quote:
Yes we are speculating and guess what I'm disagreeing your speculation based on the fact you're working from rather suspect data.
And Edelweiss is a result of a rather suspect data.

Quote:
Given that the main battle tanks of all the powers involved could be counted on both hands that's not saying much, after about 1943 pretty much all the new tanks where mounting some kind of cannon in the 90mm range.

Late War Tanks and Tank Destroyers:

M36 Jackson: 90mm Gun
M26 Pershing: 90mm Gun
T-34/85 and SU-85: 85mm Gun
T-44: 85mm Gun
I specifically mentioned main battle tanks, not tank destroyers. If you want to include TDs as well, I can easily list Jagdtiger as a contender, seeing how it had probably the biggest gun ever mounted on a mobile land platform at the time.

Quote:
And you say I don't know what I'm talking about? That's good for a laugh:
http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/t3485bg_2.html
You Fail World War II Tank Knowledge 101 please consider enrolling in remedial classes.
Yes, I missed it and realized it before it was too late. But hey, I admit my mistakes.

Quote:
Nonsense the 75mm was an exceptional weapon for it's class, but the 122mm matched it in terms of armor penetration and range easily and it's HE shells where needless to say vastly more effective. (the 88 was also roughly comparable but not really better). Is it impressive the Germans got nearly the same penetration out of a much smaller weapon sure? Does that matter, not really no.
Outranged by the 75 because German panthers were disabling them at maximum range, outgunned because there were more panthers than IS3s.

Sure, in theory, the 122mm sounded great, fine and dandy, but if the Panther is fighting it on equal terms, then having a 122mm might not matter all that much. So does it matter, yes, yes it does. It simply goes to show that bigger is not always better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Aren't you sure it's not the other way around? In that YOU are the person who cannot live without the THEORY that Edelweiss is possibly inspired by a German tank model that never made it to prototype stage.

Prototype means first type; the first example of a new design that will be used to refine the design for mass production - for instance the XM1, the YF-22 and YF-23, X-32 and X-35.
Correction, the German E-series did make it to prototype stage, but like the Edelweiss, it was sitting in a garage and never produced as the war came to an end.

And the Edelweiss was exactly that, a Prototype that was not tested nor produced in numbers greater than 1.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-26 at 09:52.