Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-08, 04:58   Link #4600
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hage-bai View Post
This is what the media does. The media is not just pushing solely the religion card if you watched the coverage. This one clip only suggested his motives behind not going to Iraq. The news has picked up this story for hours. Others have suggested the "hostile work environment" excuse. Much debate has already raged around this issue and the multliple causes for his violent outburst. The reason given in the clip i posted is one LEGIT possibility. The hostile work environment excuse is a slow starter because there simply isn't anyone to corroborate his cousin's statements (may still be true). Remember, this guy was a major and hence outranked 90% of his colleagues. Either there are cases of insurbordination in the army, or his superiors were making his life hell for him to go on a killing spree. Seems even less likely to me as the sole cause, but more likely as one of several reasons to go on a killing spree.

Of course news concerning the dead and injured has also been shown. Can't get too much info as the army hasn't released any names of victims.
There's also some reports that he was being given anti-depressants because he was depressed. Some side effects of many of these medications can include violent outbursts and suicidal behavior. The "religion card" and other "explanations are just overwrought fake-news bullshit until the investigation is done.