View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 15:35   Link #30398
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Again specifically looking for a random ameniasac isn't acceptable unless you explain how exactly one can improve his chances to find such a person and to take her home.
Well, we do know that apparently he was carried to a place near where she lived and may have been inclined to visit that area which would've led to her finding him. We don't know for example that perhaps, if Battler drifted to shore near there, lots of other stuff didn't too. Junk, refuse, bits of furniture, stuff like that. It's quite likely, and I think it would be much more probable that someone happened to be in the area more often looking through the debris for interesting clues or valuable items from the disaster (perhaps another message bottle...). That they hear about someone who they wonder might actually be a survivor then becomes an incidental result of being interested in the area for other purposes, and then they make it their mission to hunt him down. They come upon him injured somewhere and take him home to see who he is, and then they discover he's amnesiac and it goes from there.

If you happened to be interested in seeing what turned up (whether that be just objects of interest or survivors), you might be inclined to visit the area more frequently. If you hear about some homeless guy in the area, well... it makes a lot more sense than pure random coincidence no matter who Tohya and Ikuko are.

But again, that applies as much to Ikuko being just who she is as it would to Ikuko being Yasu. They'd both have incentive to go check out the area's beaches or whatever and see if anything intriguing turned up.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote