Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-14, 21:37   Link #1091
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

As predicted, a majority of the fans love Buck-Tick's song. Figures.

I love the new OP, however, it does NOT fit the show as well as Buck-Tick's OP song did. Disappointing. But the music was lovely, despite the awkward melody/rhythm of the chorus. The ED is wholly uninteresting. Sounds like elevator music. It's just plain blah. The 1st OP sounds like an angelic chorus compared to that lackluster drawl.

I won't comment on the actual episode, as it is really the next one I'm waiting for. Not too much happened, anyway. That's my one hang-up with Shiki. The bulk of story shown consists of the boring nearly-toss-away-status characters, whereas the REALLY interesting stuff is packed into these itsy bitsy tidbits. Most shows consist of this formula, but the "boring parts" in Shiki are SO boring and SO drawn out to the point that I'm really turned off. I was able to read the entire manga up to the latest chapter in only a few hours due to the massive amount of scanning and skipping I was able to do and still get the major/best parts of the story. It's kind of sad.

But as I always say, that's just my personal opinion, of course.