View Single Post
Old 2011-07-06, 00:01   Link #7454
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I see. I thought it was the same clothes before ^^;

But it doesn't proved enough that she's ( C.C. ) really watching them before.
They could've meet somewhere-- because Lelouch spent his time hiding in Kururugi Shrine.
I'll admit it's hard to say for sure that she was really watching them. They could have randomly met somewhere for sure, but considering her connection to Marriane it isn't that far a stretch to say she was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Actually, Kallen is already knew about his Geass from C.C during time skip.

If not, she won't ask about, "Did you use your Geass to bind my will?"
That's enough clue-- especially by the fact that she spent most of her time to learn about Lelouch from C.C.
I don't think anyone can even come close to deny she knew about Geass.. the question I was posing was how much. We were talking about full disclosure on how it works (500m range, reflection, can only be used once on someone, etc) and I was saying that Lelouch probably wouldn't want all that known. You don't want other to know how exactly your main weapon works in war, and he was in a war...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
It DOES betray the UFN, not only because they're doing it behind their backs, but also because it's part of a ceasefire, practically leaving the rest of the member nations out to dry. The UFN did send them to free Japan, yes, but the rest of the world was the ultimate goal.
How is behind their backs? It's not like the UFN said (that we know of) "and don't listen to anything they say, fight to the last!" It was a MILITARY operation by a THIRD PARTY who were CONTRACTED to do something. As far as we know the HOW was totally up to them to figure out. If the commander thinks a ceasefire is a good idea (especially given what happened) it isn't like he needs to ask his superiors... he is the one in ultimate command.

Where does he leave the other member nations out to dry also? They have no military power there (or anywhere) as to join the UFN they had to give it up. It's not like he pulled the BK back and let the Chinese Fed. army keep fighting...

I can maybe buy/understand the thought that in other areas they may be left hanging except for two things:

1. Given how the Britannia Army operates it was probably only over Area 11 that there was a ceasefire. So if the BK had any units elsewhere they would still defend the areas they were stationed in.

2. If indeed all the BK strength was in Area 11 then they had already "betrayed" the UFN by not leaving a token defense force or something behind. But you have to figure the UFN had already known that and was ok with it.

I understand that you want to paint Lelouch in a good light and most others are evil I can even sympathize with that as I don't think anyone would argue that Lelouch didn't get the short end of the stick and the betrayal of the BK was in bad tastes. That they didn't even give Lelouch a chance to argue his case was bad, especially given all he had done for them.

That doesn't make them out to be the "super evil omg they all need to go die in fire" people that (the way I read it) you're making them out to be though. I'm not trying to say they were saints, again they definitely weren't. But if you take a step back from "omg villain, don't care about them" attitude you can see why they did what they did. You can also see that some things you're trying to lay the blame on them for (like betraying the UFN) may be more a product of hatred for them.

Lelouch kept secrets and did things that people questioned. Even though he didn't think that they would get out, they did. Todo found out about the slaughter at the Order thing, and without context (and since no one knew about Geass...) that looks very VERY bad. He was keeping Corneillia locked up in secret on board the flagship too. Then what Villetta knew about him and told Ohgi... I bet she told him all about how he Geassed her, blackmailed her into helping him on school, etc. Again, those things look very bad. Then find out that he (and whether he meant to or not he did) ordered the death of lots of Japanese people to try to rally people to cause... He was supposed to be freeing them, not murdering them.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote