Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 14:03   Link #21051
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Whenever I think that fictional characters like Monster's Johan are implausible, someone like Breivik comes along to remind me that such people sadly actually exist.

I haven't paid close attention to the trial, but I'm still wondering how he can claim he picked off dozens of innocent people on that island in "self-defense." (Yes, I understand his broader argument about immigration being a threat and so forth, but "self-defense" usually carries the implication of a direct threat to you personally. I don't see how mass assassination can even vaguely be construed as self-defense as a legal argument.)
Come to think of it, such people have experiences in their lives which made them like that. I think it is more of society's "can't-be-bothered" issue with such "ranting-and-raving" people and the lack of moderate views around him that turned him into a mass murderer.

We probably would never know about his true motivations until we meet the people around him. Social pressure is an oft-ignored factor in categorising lunatics, psychopaths and their likes; nobody really likes to have even the smallest amount of blame put on them.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.