View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 05:58   Link #12
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Trafalgar spelling in Japanese -> Torafaruga- -> Tora(tiger) -> Tigerdude.

He is a Shichibukai afterall.

(putting -o at the end is a common naming in Japan, and often used in nick-name naming too. It literally means "man", "guy", etc)
that's an interesting piece of information. i've always thought that trafalgar law's name was taken from cape trafalgar where a great naval battle was once fought. oda likes to use names of historical people and places so i thought he got the name from that (although i still think he did). but i never thought that it would be associated to the word tora in any way. thanks for that info aohige-san!

so it's vergo not wergo, eh? he actually had a burger stuck to his chin and he didn't even notice?! leave it to oda to come up with a powerful and even respectable character and still manage to make him look silly.

so the majority of us are right, joker is indeed just a code name. i'm not surprised that it turned out to be doflamingo, i had other suspicions too, but i'm certainly thrilled that it is him! i hope he makes an appearance in this arc. we still have no idea how powerful that guy is so i'm itching to know what he's capable of.