View Single Post
Old 2006-10-13, 00:50   Link #351
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
Maybe being familiar with the characters is why that scene is so annoying to some people. It would seem half-hearted or something, giving a minor glimpse of everyone for no particular reason. As someone who has no idea who anyone is or why I should care, I found it a great for introducing the class itself as its own character. It's trying to show the spirit of the class a whole, not trying to introduce the characters individually. I'm sure the relevant people will get development as they become relevant, and everyone else will fall to the sidelines, but we'll still be left with this interesting impression of the class itself.

PS: The class as a whole seems defined by its variety, which is why it's meaningful to give everyone a line.
To borrow from a certain American comic, the class is composed entirely of that group in school tagged "the other clique". The ones who don't fit in anywhere else. We'll see if they're able to flesh the characters out during the course of the series past their "25 words or less" superficial description. They each have their own background story - some fairly stereotypical, others rather unique. I still kind of feel like the "flash introductions" left a television viewer new to the story bewildered ... but those who recorded can step through more slowly