View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 08:13   Link #493
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
I noticed they also refer to the class as "Shocktrooper and Gunner." It looks like the Shocktrooper class will finally get to wield REAL machine guns that fire actual rifle cartridges instead of those shitty 9mm pistol rounds. I guess that would entitle them as Support Gunner or Squad Automatic Weapon User. They seem to be also carrying a ammo backpack, kind of like wielding a deployable MG42, Browning M1919, or a M240 into battle.
Bonus points if the backpack doubles as an extended magazine, 'Panzer Cop-style'. If, on the other hand, they're meant to be VC's analogue of RA3 Peacekeepers, they'll need a good shotgun...

Quote:
I also see that they carry a tank on their back when wielding a flamethrower.
I wonder if one would be able to exploit a certain weakness of such weapons if you encounter their Imperial mirrors...

Quote:
I wonder when will they be able wield real Assault Rifles, not the ones that fires 9mm. I also wonder can their weapons be given other attachments other then flamethrowers like a shotgun attachment or a tactical scope similar to the one they put the StG 44.
Given how much in terms of mechanics is inherited from the first game, the answers there would be a mix of rewards and upgrades.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote