View Single Post
Old 2010-05-18, 19:11   Link #10163
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
By the way Judoh, I'm with you on the George as the culprit theory. I think I may have an idea of the why he would be the culprit too, based on some of the theories people have put forth here. Namely that Kinzo is a magician in the stage-magic sense.

We've all noticed that George has a source of magic information. What if he IS the successor to Kinzo in terms of stage-magic? What if he is one of the few people on the island capable of the slight-of-hand tricks that Kinzo may have drilled into some of them? (i.e. Shannon and Rosa.) Being named successor in this sense may have created this idea in his mind that he is the real successor to the family wealth and power as well. We've seen in some fantasy scenes that he has no problem accepting this.

And so the why is that he's already named successor and acts as one, in respect to 'magic.' And that extends to his idea that he should be the family's successor as well.

I could go on more about how he and Hideyoshi have a deal although he has his own designs with a live with Shannon, but... I believe there isn't anything new as to 'why.'

Also, this theory isn't complete because it still fails to explain the deal with Kanon and the 'closed' rooms... 8)
This is less of a "how dunnit" theory and more of a "why dunnit" anyway, so don't worry about it too much.
I find George as one of the ideal culprits (according to Episode 6 he has a bit of overconfident view over everyone else, he can lead decently in problematic scenarios, has stated he could kill everyone if he needed to, even though that was a fantasy scene). All I need is for him to make even the slightest remark on how he thinks he would be the ideal head (it only needs to be a passing thought, that's all) and I'm convinced.
I don't think Kinzo would've named George as the next head. If he did, what's the point of the Epitaph? The only normal theory for it is that solving it grants the solver headship and the ten tonnes of gold. However, I would accept George having a delusion at one point where he believes Kinzo told him he was to become the next head, since it seems everyone in Umineko's had a delusion of Kinzo or one point of another.
Also, like Maria, George may have just inherited the fascination with the supernatural from Kinzo. Though he does possess quite a bit of knowledge on it, which is why I think he researched about ways to make it seem like the deaths were caused by a witch. Most of the knowledge is stuff he could've easily just stumbled across while researching things like magical circles.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote