View Single Post
Old 2008-05-17, 10:44   Link #14
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Pain in the butt, not as in it's difficult, but it's really monotonous. Get DVD, plunk DVD in, select files to burn, wait for burn, recheck if it burned correctly, take out DVD, put in new DVD, rinse and repeat. Of course, I could do something in the mean time, but my personality really REALLY hates to be interrupted in the middle of something especially if its as frequent as every 10 mins.

As for externals, I thought about it in the beginning, but in the end I opted to just spend the money on DVDs. I found out that by haggling and buying in bulk in an anime convention, I can get as low as $20 on some of the less popular/older series boxsets. Which really, is what I'm interested in apart from a few new/popular shows. Thus, the $200-400 I would spend on a good, spacious external hard drive, I'd rather spend on box sets where I can get around 7-15 boxsets at that price on average. While it's true I store 10x or even more at that price in an HDD, the ability to easily lend my friends anime, the new english track I probably haven't heard of, being able to support the R1 industry somewhat, and the pretty boxes decorating my book shelf is more than worth the price.

Then again, I'm itching to watch j-dramas right now, and considering how much bigger those are, maybe I should invest in a 1tb internal right now. Gotta wait till after Anime North though lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote