View Single Post
Old 2012-02-02, 23:37   Link #11
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
I think the problem with Kyoumu Densen(Nightmare Contagion) as Another's OP is that more often than not, it breaks the mood created by the sublime BGM that starts to build tension as the episode starts. Some of the song works with the eyecatch after the OP and before it goes back to the episode, but together it just feels too "happy" and some of the mystic elements that it goes for in the middle of the song with its unusual instrumentation doesn't fit the "horror" part of the show. It would be suited more to a esoteric "mystery" series. I am not familiar enough with ALI Project to know if this song sounds like their other themes like Rozen Maiden's or Code Geass's. I think if they had gone for a darker and more "metal" sound, the OP would have been better for the show. On its own, it sounds like a interesting J-Pop song, IMHO.
I think the theme sounds pretty much like every other ALI PROJECT song I've heard. But you hit the nail on the head when you talk about its impact following the teaser sequence. It's actually not a bad song, and the OP visuals are quite creepy (indeed, the opening sequence would make an excellent trailer/advertisement for the show if standing alone). It's the quiet creepiness of the teasers, followed by the sudden change to fast-paced music that makes it so jarring. It's not that the opening is bad, just that it's wrong for its placement in the show (if Another started with the OP, no teaser, it might be better, because there would be no "build-up" of a divergent mood).
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote