View Single Post
Old 2004-11-16, 07:09   Link #51
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivious
I didn't bother to read through that nice long sea of text, so forgive me if this was already mentioned.

Osama has been going against Islamic values from the moment he started his terror campaign. Values that advocate peace and brotherhood. Just ask any morderate Muslim.

This 'approval' he has for mass murder seems based on an eye for an eye logic. This seems like a complete cop-out to me.
It's more a matter of whom Osama directs his terror campaign against. Directing the campaign against the unbelievers in the west hardly raises much opposition and koran scripture quoting in muslim countries. As though Osama's actions, while technically being wrong, are actions that most muslims are willing to overlook as they go on about their daily lives.

At least it's not like there are masses of people taking to the streets in muslim countries to denounce Osama and go on to advocate peace and brotherhood with people in west. But you could probably get a mob together on short notice in most middle eastern cities with no problem if the purpose was to protest the west for [insert any reason here] and call for a jihad against the US. Complete with derogative but colorful chants by the crowd and flag/ foreign leader effigy burning.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote