View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 10:29   Link #2618
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I don't really understand why you would factor in who "has a chance" though. I understand the pleasure derived from seeing that others share your preferences (that your favorite characters get a lot of votes), but why alter your preferences over it? What do you get if you vote for the character who ultimately wins?

(Side note: I'm not stating this as criticism; just wondering to the forum.)
I don't think anyone alters their preferences. It's just a personal ranking of characters. If a character I like 5th best has a way way better/clear chance of winning a necklace over a character I like 3rd best, I'd go with the 5th placed character so that at least a character I like wins. It's not like I vote for characters I don't like in the first place. That's where the percentage game comes in (ie. who is more likely to win).

Some people don't care, and that's fine. As you saw, the pure Shana and Haruhi fans cared nothing for Eucliwood and/or the K-On! girls. Their votes could've altered the end result, but they don't care about those characters.

At least that's how I see it. Though I'm not one to really talk, I don't have a pure favourite in either top 5 of Nova or Stella.