Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-21, 08:20   Link #440
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
My complain is after all these years of battling to protect the Earth from other gods, why can't Athena be more concern about the "quality control" of her saints? Isn't the betrayal of her saints in the first series led by Ares an anomaly? Even if there's some different principles among the saints, they are supposed to be all good guys, right?
It doesn't seem like Athena actually has control over the recruitment of saints. In all the previous generations we see that Athena is pretty much reincarnated on Earth and then recruited back into a Sanctuary that is already populated with many saints, so it seems that the "recruitment" is actually done by the Pope. Besides, Greek gods in the mythologies were constantly being out-witted by humans anyway so it's not really anything out of the ordinary, though it is a bit shameful that the Goddess of Wisdom (Athena) gets out-witted too, but I guess it could be explained away by her love for humans so she is inclined to think that humans are inherently good underneath and thus more trusting and forgiving than she should be (such as how she easily forgives Saga and Kanon etc).
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote