View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 17:19   Link #131
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, Saori did not "take action".
Come on, let's not split hairs here. Making a suggestion is taking an action. I'll admit that "intervention" may not have been the best choice of words on my part, but the core of my point remains the same.

Quote:
Besides that, just because I'm arguing that her tsuntsun behaviour is part of her cute side (and that was part of the meaning of the show's title) doesn't mean that every single thing she ever did or does is justified and without fault.
She can be cute and still have a tsuntsun side... but prior to episode 11, the balance between tsuntsun and deredere was way off. With the last two episodes, the balance is no longer way off, and that makes her cute for Kyousuke.

Quote:
She took things too far, and so had to apologize, but what does that have to do with anything?
It means that the balance between her harsher side, and her nicer more demure side, was off. That needed to change in order for her relationship with Kyousuke to move forward, imo.

Quote:
You argued previously that the dream opening to episode 1 was something everyone should consider as a clear sign of what Kyousuke likes about Kirino now.
Right.

Quote:
But now, as for the other title call, you're saying that it doesn't really count because it's not a "definitive exclamation mark". How can we choose which title calls are important to the meaning and which ones are just comedic?
Fair enough. The level of tsun displayed by Kirino in the finale title call can be amusing to Kyousuke, as long as it's not overly done, and there's a dere side to balance it (as seen by Kyousuke's dream sister concept from Episode 1).

Quote:
Was she being demure when she said her leaving was none of his business? Was she being demure when she said she said she didn't like him? Was she being demure when she head-butted him and caused him to bleed profusely? Is this the "changed" Kirino? And when she was listing off all sorts of reasons why she skipped out on her trip -- that weren't related to him. And when she told him -- without asking -- that "Life Counselling Isn't Over". How much of a change are you really trying to argue occurred here?
She was demure most of the episode. One tsuntsun explosion doesn't negate that. All I'm saying is that her demure side is a genuine part of who she is.
Quote:

Basically the thrust of the disagreement is this: your argument is that he likes Kirino now because he sees her "dere" side, and my argument is that he likes Kirino now because he understands she's a "tsundere". Yes, he needed to see the "dere" side to understand the she's not all "tsun", but both sides of a tsundere are cute once you understand they're both there.
Yes, that's fine. I can agree on that compromise.

We might be still slightly apart, but it's nothing major. It's like the difference between a 60 Dere 40 Tsun Tsundere and a 40 Dere 60 Tsun Tsundere. It's not really worth arguing over.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2010-12-20 at 17:33.