View Single Post
Old 2012-05-12, 00:55   Link #28781
GuestSpeaker

Quote:
overall was a lame plot device and there could have been other ways.
I'd genuinely enjoy hearing some

In regards to the seals being broken pre-logic error:

I thought a posible point was that as game master Battler was able to change the story as long as it wouldn't be noticed, however he was unable to think of a way to escape the logic error which would also fool Erika. He could have just had someone break the seals (they DIDN'T do it without him noticing, he just hadn't decided they had done it) but Erika would have guessed it in about 5 seconds. What Beatrice did was go, ok so someone DID escape, but do it in a way Erika could not solve. Sure, she didn't make the solution to the logic error a trick, but Erika was still caught out being unable to give a full solution, so lost. If Battler provides a thousand plausible answers but Erika solves each part of them, he still loses.

It's the same way that her saying "you can change your moves since I just placed the seal" is a dirty trick, because by changing any move he shows what his plan would have needed to involve previously.

This might mean the whole thing with Dlanor was basically a "sure, that could have happened GAAP, but since you aren't the gamemaster you can't go saying it did"
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote