View Single Post
Old 2009-10-25, 19:57   Link #1558
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
That's an interesting statement. Is there a part of episode twenty-five that you think is specifically more likely to offend someone who dislikes Ranka's character, as opposed to someone who likes her (or someone who is indifferent to her, for that matter)?

What I mean to say is that while that YHBT stance isn't all that unusual, I would have expected it to apply universally to anyone who was hoping for a conclusion to the love triangle, independently of character preferences.
I don't know what YHBT means, but I'm merely speaking from observation. At the nonresolution of the love triangle, the Ranka Haters I saw yelled the loudest, raged the hardest, and came up with the most amount of asinine theories to "prove" that either the love triangle actually WAS resolved, or that the ending was changed at the very last minute.

Ranka fans seemed to be quieter about the whole thing.

And those of us who were just sick and tired of the incessant "Who will Alto choose?" chatter were rather satisfied.

Pure dickishness (and there were real dicks on both sides, but (again, in my observation) there were more Sheryl dicks than Ranka dicks...so much so that it affected my love of Sheryl a bit) should be punished, not rewarded, no?