View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 12:44   Link #86
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
She doesn't leave as much of an impression as Saber or Kiritsugu. In fairness she's more memorable than Maiya just because of her lack of screen time, but that's it. Almost everyone else has an overbearingly defined "something" to stand out; Saber is proud and chivalrous, Kiritsugu is cold and calculating, Archer is insatiably greedy and Caster is eccentric and creepy. I say overbearingly because they play it closer to extremes whereas Iri is portrayed more normally, which doesn't fit with an anime where almost everything else about it says "I'm epic" or "I stand out."
That sounds a bit two dimensional to be honest...

Irisviel is loving (and lovable) and perky (her keen curiosity about the outside world she never experienced certainly does stand out as becomes the basis of some of the scenes for Team Emiya). There's more than that, I suppose comparing her to the other wives or Master's love interests, she's the only one who isn't only devoted and understanding (unlike Sola), but also intelligent and strong (what Aoi isn't). Also, unlike them, she has a very important role in the war.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote