Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-04, 21:33   Link #13474
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Share the same thoughts, but only because both sides are missing the point. Any system will have exploits/loopholes. It is up to the individual to find niches to position himeself/herself to live and fight another day. All the advertising for their systems is, quite frankly, not good to make the individual "grow up" and make their own decisions.
The thing is, they are all fighting for themselves rather than for the Singaporeans they claim to. Two issues brought forward by NSP in their manifesto, which is contesting in my area, are clearly bullcock. Reducing GST and NS length? That is clearly retarded.

GST shouldn't be reduced, not at least for the long term because most of our infrastructure upgrading and maintenance projects are funded by domestic investment, and the capital for that comes from the GST. Sure it may be small, but add up purchases of daily commodities and it snowballs into a few million.

The problem of rising prices are due to external factors (Dr Breen in the West and the idiots in MidEast), not because of the damn GST. I don't know if the opposition are factose intolerant, or are simply using it to an advantage to discredit their rivals.

Secondly, I am against reducing NS to a timespan of below 22 months. Our training syllabus is already goddamn jammed packed without even enough time to practice our tactical drills - not even enough time for training that our weekends have to be burned constantly just for the training. And then, a sudden announcement of a test? With the disincentive of extras? That is ridiculous!

Housing is a big issue because we have 5m people and way too little flats. The government needs to take steps to reduce the number of property developers building condominiums, and substitute them for more HDB flats.

Whichever guy pointed out about cutting manufacturing jobs is clearly stupid beyond words. Manufacturing creates tons of jobs because of something called the "assembly line" - we just need to create higher value products like computer chips and wafers. And come to think of it : there are tons of open positions in our maritime and shipbuilding sector, but why isn't anyone taking that up?

Another thing NSP has been harping about is the "monopoly of power". I don't see what is wrong with a power monopoly if the government does its best to serve its people, a dictatorship can be benevolent if the government fights for a win-win situation every time. Besides, the "monopoly of power" took us from the third world to the first while the country that kicked us out 46 years ago is suffering from a sovereign debt crisis, how bad can that be? Someone seriously needs to plant a roadside bomb to take out their bloody noise-polluting vans spouting nonsense and formenting unrest.

The PAP is really getting an Alzheimer's disease. Have they forgotten how to govern their country already? Listen to the people and work to satisfy them, no matter how hard it is going to be. They gave out scholarships and high-level government positions to fools who can't do anything else other than in school and sucking up. The floods along Orchard Road is a good example of the old guard lying on their laurels - if you want to pave a stretch of land with concrete, make sure there are big holes underneath. Otherwise, leave the plants alone to absorb the water.

Also, they could have worked underground to screw the property speculators who do squatting (buying houses and not living in them). Suddenly announcing funding plans while they are tanking their property at high prices will make property prices plunge as they rapidly try to clear their assets should be a good measure to ease up living place. Redirect their attention to funding malls and shophouses below the flats through ROI schemes should increase business ventures as well as restructuring of marketplaces for the better of the residents in that area.

This election is clearly a group of factose intolerant, self-serving, two-faced bastards plying for power. Makes me rethink that if my right to vote is actually a repackaged liability like the Euro-debt bond.

And it is my first time voting too. What a joke.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.