View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 02:46   Link #73
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Why not? Ghosts aren't bound by our puny mortal logic.
You know, when you say it like that, I wonder why no one has got around to making stories about GAR ghosts. We have had a decade-plus love affair with reimagined vampires and werewolves, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Underworld, but why aren't ghosts getting any love? I mean, come on, just because they're ethereal doesn't mean they can't be macho. Think Patrick Swayze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Still, people dying every month because of the extra person? And then people die to even the number?
........? Outsiders dying and........?
Not to "even" the number per se. Once the "extra person" is spotted and acknowledged, the deaths begin, with at least one fatality every month until the cycle starts over at the beginning of a new school year.

As I mulled over the premise of the curse, I couldn't help but be reminded of my army days, back when I was performing my national service. Soldiers invariably have plenty of ghost stories to share, such as one that involves performing roll call in the middle of a night operation.

I'm sure you're all familiar with variants of the story: A platoon of, say, 27 men counting up in pitch dark, "...twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight... wait, what???!!"