Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-15, 20:33   Link #3920
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Hoping to get my Pz38t later today So far it's been a fun ride, minus those teammates that think it's fun to shoot your tracks right as the round starts.

Though sometimes things get awkward, like when I have a tank right in front of me and my reticle instead decides to aim at the nearby tree or wall Doesn't usually end well. Looked it up on the official forums and folks say that using sniper mode will keep that from happening... but sniper mode for a target a few inches away from you sounds like overkill.
There are spots you might want to keep an eye on when you hit tier V and up:

these spots are the Machine gun area located on the Hull, the view port located on the hull, the lower glaci which is the lower hull, and the commander's hatch/hatch which sticks out above the turret.

other than that, trax are weak pts but usually don't dmg, the sides, preferablly the rear side of the turret which usually is the location of the ammo, the rear part of the hull which is usually the location of the engine.

once you learn where to locate these critical pts, u should be able to kill anything from tier V and up. this is also dependent on your gun:

for example; a pea shooter gun or autocannon can rarely pen the back of a tier V or higher, due to lack of penetration ability. it is unlikely you will carry gold in these types of guns, as they are excessively expensive.

also derp = usually refers to big guns for their tiers, for example:

the tier III Light Cruiser II has a 94mm, the tier III Light T46 has the 76mm gun, the tier III M2 Medium has the 75mm, the tier V Medium M4 has the 105mm, the tier V Medium Pz IV has a 105mm, the tier V Heavy KV 1 has a 122mm, the tier VI Medium M4A3A2 and M4A3E8 has the 105mm, the tier VI Heavy KV 2 has the 122mm and the 152mm, the tier VI Heavy T150 has the 122mm, the tier V Tank Destroyer M10 Wolverine has the 105mm. once you get past tier 6 those guns are no more becuz its a longer version of the gun therefore it counts a regular gun turret rather than a derp gun.