Thread: Licensed Date A Live [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-28, 16:45   Link #2982
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Hearing about the speculation about Kurumi is one thing. On one of Shinji's post;

Quote:
What Kurumi said was "30 years ago, the first spirit that appeared in this world to. The first spirit that came before the rest - I'm going to kill it with my own hands." "I'll erase the fact that spirits appeared in this world. I'm going to make it so that the spirits never appeared in this world. I'll make it so that every spirit in this world never existed."
So that was an oversight of my own when I made my previous post, but she says nothing about the spacequakes. And from her statements, paired with Phantom saying "You're surprisingly kind," makes it sound like she's trying to spare the spirits the suffering of being attacked by the people of our world. Or it could be something else that hasn't been revealed yet.
It doesn't actually sound that Kurumi is 'kind'. Compared to that she does want to prevent spacequakes, which will save millions of HUMAN lives. Though it sounds more of that she won't care about the Spirits being erased from existence. (Tohka, Yoshino, and whoever else.). She herself was human to start so this won't be a problem. In one part she could be seen on the same level as the AST in 'no peace, no understanding, must kill all spirits.' but with less destruction. More-or-less she could be seen as killing the mother(First-spirit) before they could give birth(Other spirits).

Her motivates could also be seen as selfish with her dislike that she's a Spirit, she isn't kind as people would think it would just be convinent for her.

And don't forget the time paradox she's going to create. (She goes back in time and kills the first-spirit, which mean she doesn't gain her powers -> She doesn't go back in time to kill the spirit -> First Spirit isn't dead therefore the incidents happen -> She gains the powers and uses it to go back in time and kills the spirit -> which repeats the pattern.)

And all in all, those people she killed will be killed in-vain (Continously or if Shidou manages to convince her to stop her plans). Along with her shortening many other lifespans.
Dominic Night is offline   Reply With Quote