View Single Post
Old 2008-06-12, 15:28   Link #20
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So I'm reading Omni's blog and he mentions this is only 11 episodes... I'm trying to think what would be a good stopping point but it has been awhile since I read those chapters.. I can't really think of anything that pops out as a good stopping point.. compared to the first season.

And Kon Chiaki (Higurashi series) is directing instead of Kasai Kenichi, as long as he sticks to the source I don't mind.

For 11 episodes, I think the stopping point wtill be similar to where the Live Action TV special ends which would be....

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutgal View Post
Eh, 11 eps?! No way! I really hope that doesn't turn out to be true. Surely Nodame has a large enough audience to credit another full 24 ep season?

And also sad to hear that Kasai Kenichi won't be directing, he did such a good job on the 1st season and gave the series its own unique flair. Scared now, what's the new Nodame gonna be like? >.<

The problem isn't the popularity, it has more to do with lack of source material. The manga is now at 20 volumes, granted the first season is only about first 9 volumes or so, but after they arrived to Paris, the series kind of opened up.

There were a lot more characters introduced, and they all got substential times while old characters that made it to Europe still got their turns to shine as well. In addtion, the story pace slows down on Nodame herself, so she became less of a focal point, and in some volumes, even to the point that it seems that she's the "minor" supporting character instead of the main character. The story only turn back to her recently around volume 18 or so. The storyflow has also being consistent and flows too seemlessly similar to NANA, there's really not many breaking points to stop.

Unless you want to see story suddenly ends prematurely and heavly tweaked, 11 episode will have to be enough for now.

I, for one, like it much better this way, god knows how many anime were messed up because they end it prematurely or can't find the right stopping points and ends up ruins the series.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote