View Single Post
Old 2008-10-01, 16:50   Link #1287
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radik View Post
I think that's an important point that is all too often ignored here. The main problem I have with all the theories here is that people are drawing conclusions from things that aren't shown on screen. Stuff like "the VF is only magnified for Sheryl" aren't facts, they're assumptions.
No. It relates -directly- to what is shown to the spectator. It's the Ranka is reacting to Alto bla bla that constitute assumptions, because in that entire sequence there is not -one- picture where they are shown together in the same scene or adressing each other.
Do you see Alto's VF in Ranka's scenes? No. Did Ranka adress Alto? No. Did she give -any- sign of aknowledging Alto's presence? No.

My point- The video screens that form their panoramic vision of space showed us EXACTLY what the director, Mr Kawamori, intended us to see:
A direct relation between Sheryl and Alto (who do figure together in the same scene via his VF), and a relation singer to singer between Ranka and Sheryl (who appear to each other via screens and in the background).

Whew, the denseness continues...