View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 07:54   Link #95
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteranonimous View Post
Stuff that fansub groups do that annoy me...

1. Timers who don't time properly. Timing isn't matching the subs to the audio. Where's my lead in? My lead out? Snap to scene change? Scene bleeds everywhere, so annoying.

2. Groups that don't name their files with video resolution on it. How am I supposed to know whether it's 480, 576, or 720p? Granted, sometimes you can make a good guess based on filesize, but it doesn't always work like that.

3. Dedicated QCs. You don't need them. When I encode stuff, and mux and release, I'd do that final QC before release. It's a lot more efficient than waiting for someone else and delaying the release by another x hours.

4. Hardsubbed credits. This can and should be softsubbed.

5. No chapters. I want to hit "Page down" and skip the OP -_-

6. Bureaucracy. If the timer spots a blatant spelling mistake, just correct it! If the editor spots a timing error, just fix it!

7. Elitist attitudes of certain fansub groups. "If you have no experience of doing x, you can't join." We're not pros; we were all beginners at one point. If they are willing to learn, have the time and patience to do it, then why not devote a day or 2 to teach them?

8. Encoders who make their filesizes far too big. 700 MB+ for 720p and 1.5 GB+ for 1080p for a standard 25 minute episode is just lol.

9. Groups that spend more time trolling other groups' releases rather than improving their own.
Be this a good list or not, this is about mistakes not your personal pet peeves.