View Single Post
Old 2011-03-08, 19:24   Link #1597
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
She folded quickly exactly because of her established characterization. She built up a barrier of ideals about justice, fairness, truth, etc.
I simply disagree with you here, and I find your overall take on Sayaka to be rather harsh and negative (not in this post, but in a previous one you wrote on this thread).

I don't think that Sayaka's ideals were simply "a barrier". I think that they were sincerely held beliefs and values for her. And given the personal strength she had shown before (which is what I meant by her "established characterization"), I think that she folded far too quickly.

I mean, while Sayaka wasn't fearless, she wasn't a weak person either. She was quite willing to battle Kyoko to the death, after all, while knowing that she was the inexperienced underdog in that fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post

The entire point is she didn't think things through and her idealism caused her downfall.
I agree that there was some things that she didn't think through.

I disagree, though, that her idealism caused her downfall. If she had stuck to her idealism, maybe her downfall never happens.