Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 02:04   Link #80
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
IThe Puccho advetisement is...I dunno.
When akimoto was interviewed by CNN and got questioned whether he thinks he is exploiting teenagers sexually with the videos and stuff he makes them do, I was half supportive of him then, but now I think he is just pushing it too far.
The skepticism reminds me of this retort made out by some fans:

Maybe, but of late Akimoto's increasingly "outlandish" attempts at setting the whole franchise apart and away from the establishment kind of reminds me of Steve Jobs during his prime at Apple (prior to being booted out by John Sculley and the board), except Jobs then had a short fuse while pushing his subordinates to the limit.

I mean, as the franchise has become very big (almost at the level of NKOTB, Spice Girls or boy bands at their heyday), and with more competition nipping at their heels (including MomoClo-Z), he's putting all his chips on the table, which now leaves me wondering (or worrying) how long this outfit would last.

Time will tell.

------------
Currently Reading:
http://neojaponisme.com/2011/12/22/2011-popular-music/ - with no sentimentality and the precision of a brain surgeon, Marx puts the whole franchise through a full scrutiny with a magnifying glass (and is spread out in several articles across the blog). Of course, and fiery debates between commenters.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-17 at 10:02.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote