View Single Post
Old 2012-07-27, 02:45   Link #24
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
If USN stayed with the Wildcats not upgrade to Hellcats (and other improved US fighters), it might be a very-long war i.e. a machine that is uncompetitive.
The debate isn't about the need to upgrade but the particulars of how to upgrade. I assume the hellcats and wildcats shared more similarity than they did with the Japanese Zero's in design and philosophy of operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
He's had all of what, two days with the Fubuki? And you're expecting that to override the habits of years?

Also note his comments prior to the anti-BETA exercise, where he makes the determination to master the Fubuki. He's trying, but he's got a few years of muscle memory and habits he needs to unlearn, which takes time.

That said I agree he has an attitude problem, and Yui was right to call him out on it. She didn't have to resort to race baiting, however.
Like I said, I don't think it has much to do with habit. He's an ace he should have the skill necessary to make a relatively smooth transfer. Sure I expect some small problems but at the level he appears to be having is more do to his own rigidity and quite simply, his own bigotry. If she's race baiting its only because she sees the kind of person he is.

Also a boast about being able to master any TSF isn't the same thing as being willing to do what is necessary to master a specific TSF.