View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 19:36   Link #952
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Does the studio not have a good budget? There seems to be a lot stills and lack of fluid motions in the fight scenes. I want to see fluid scenes like the ones in Horizon. What a shame.
I've noticed it as well, but I don't really hold it against the studio, I guess? While there are a number of stills, it's mainly for less important fights. All the important ones I can really think of (Kuradeel, Gleameyes, Heathcliff) are quite well done, and definitely some of the more well done scenes (not necessarily better animated, but better choreographed overall).

You also have to consider the budget differences. Horizon has 2 seasons, each 1 cour, while SAO has 1 season, 2 cour. The budget for the season probably isn't significantly different (This is how I think, I honestly have no idea how accurate I am, nor do I know how well funded each studio is in general). Regardless, I think, given the novels, which I won't go in to, will be more battle-heavy towards the latter half of the series, so it's also possible they want to spend more budget towards that end.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote