View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 20:40   Link #204
beyondsaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Because there is no possible way that Kishimoto can resolve all the inconsistencies he has now presented. He has written himself in a corner, and we will just be expected to ignore whatever contradicts the final explanation, as we have many times before.

I mean, it's a shounen - I'm not expecting a masterpiece, I have really low expectations, and I'm just reading it for a bit of pleasure, not for enlightenment or a great story

Too many things happen now just for fanservice or because it would be too hard to write it in a sensible way, because it would have required planning. As a great example of this, take the recent chapter where Juugo and Suigetsu are wandering around in the middle of nowhere and JUST HAPPEN to blow a hole open into a secret Orochimaru hideout they didn't know about that JUST HAPPENS to have a scroll with forbidden knowledge so dangerous it could be used to singlehandedly rule the world or whatever.

First, just because you say and think there is no way does not make it true.

Second, if you have read all 600 chapters you would not be saying this.

Third, that is a good point. I wonder if that could be explained by the fact that Zetsu is made of nature energy and can therefore manipulate vast underground networks, oh I dunno like the ones used at the start of the war.

My most recent thought was regarding the Uchiha massacre. Something doesn't add up. All those eyes in jars Obito had... all that DNA... Seems to me that the creator of edoTensai also hasn't been revealed... and then there is the scroll under the uchiha building that holds the secret... does the sharingan evolve no matter who implants it, or did kakashi's evolve when obitos did?

Oh and thinking about how Obito changed personality wise, I would have to imagine that a convincingly wicked enough genjutsu could turn any young chuunins mind.

As far as who was who under the mask when fighting Minato ... I think it was Madara borrowing Obito's eye. If it was Obito, Minato should have been able to recognize his students mannerisms, but instead he identified him as Madara.

Anyways, I think the storyline is fascinating.