View Single Post
Old 2006-03-07, 17:39   Link #4
poyorick

Yeah, that's a good point about the doujin artists. But, for me, the idea of the actual studio artists/animators/voice actors doing such an official adult sequel is more appealing than someone doing a flat, black and white sex parody version where the characters don't look exactly right (and usually have their breasts inflated to the size of zeppelins).

While I think it's great that Japan allows doujinshis to flourish without legal prosecution (try to imagine amateur artists here in the U.S. actually being allowed to publish their own x-rated version of She-Hulk or Supergirl!), I think that the anime studios producing shows like "Girl's Bravo" and "Green Green" already know that their primary market are older men (and ladies) who are enjoying the elevated erotic elements of their shows so why not - after the show is done, no more seasons, no more games being made - just do the adult "wrap-up" where couples finally get together and all that nudity is put to a good use.

Frankly, I'm just waiting for the hot girl/girl spin-off of "Girl's Bravo" starring Kirie and Kosame. Yuri heaven!
poyorick is offline   Reply With Quote