View Single Post
Old 2010-11-01, 16:33   Link #121
Falkor

no Manami for second consecutive episode makes me so sad (she does not even appear on the OP). the preview makes me hopeful, though; and they better have plenty of Manami to keep my mind at ease.

anyway, I really enjoyed the fifth episode; I especially liked Kyo's declaration of love--- it's so like him to solve his sister's problems by sacrificing himself. I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but it does surprise me how funny he can be.

Ayase is my second favorite character, and having an episode dedicated to her is really nice. I was sort of expecting her little bursts of anger and frustration (that's what makes her so charming, in my opinion); and she turned out to be more interesting and complex than I had first expected. I think there's a lot that can be said about her character and her relationship to Kirino; and hopefully we get to explore more of those dynamics now that she knows of her hobbies, and is apparently more willing to accept them after the last scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't that irrealistic, although I would rather prefer some foreshadowing -outside- of the ED, a characterization that would be a bit in line with what was shown: for instance, I would accept Ayase yangire (not yandere) switch if she was a bit clingy in her normal mode... say in classes or when they were at Kousakas' house. In fact, it would have been a bit more credible if it was characters like Satomi.
now that you mention it, during the fourth episode, I found Ayase's behavior, more than anything, to be slightly suspicious when she approached Kyo moments after she witnessed how her best friend was groped by him. Suspicious because she is willing to believe in the good character of his actions, and is the one to think of good and reasonable circumstances that may have led to the situation with the box. Of course, she is especially concerned for Kirino's well being and shows a certain degree of maturity for trying to clear the misunderstanding; she further ask for his forgiveness on her behalf, but I can't help the feeling that she, in her mind, sees her best friend as someone incapable of doing anything bad. That's why it's so much of a shock for her to notice that Kirino is hiding something from her, to discover that she is lying in her attempts to run away---the "good Kirino" she knows will not do that. it may also explain why it's so hard for her to accept Kirino's hobbies, to accept that she will have anything to do with the things she considers bad. Of course, my interpretation may be a bit far-fetched or not detailed enough, but I want to think that's probably the first instance where we start to see the fine strokes of Ayase's character, during her conversation with Kirino's brother.

Personally, I did not particularly find Ayase's actions to be so much of a shock (or out-of-character); but that's probably because I was already familiar with her thanks to the Drama CD.